Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thank You

 Exodus 17: 11 It turned out that whenever Moses raised his hands, Israel was winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, Amalek was winning. 12 But Moses' hands got tired. So they got a stone and set it under him. He sat on it and Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on each side. So his hands remained steady until the sun went down.  

The verses from the book of exodus have played over and over in my head for days now.  I'm no Moses. I do not and will never proclaim to be anything other than a sin sick little girl from the mountains of NC.   I can still relate to the exhaustion Moses felt during this point in the battle.  I've been exhausted before.  My faith gone, hopes crushed, and mentally, emotionally and physically worn slap out. 

It was VERY recently.  When we received the news that our baby girl would be leaving us I lost it.  While I knew God had moved mountains for me before I didn't think He'd do it in this situation.  I wasn't going to place my hopes in that.  I was to afraid to believe anything other than "she is leaving us soon". 

My arms got tired.  I wanted to lay down and sleep until it was all over with.  Any hopes of a good outcome were in a far distant corner in my mind and I refused to allow my heart to believe in it.  I had to prepare myself for the worst.  I had to come to terms with her departure.  The hope of a future with her was to "miracle-ish" for me to place any hope in. 

Where was that faith I believe in and have occasionally had?  Where was my "name it claim it" attitude?  I gave up before the real battle even began. 

In times like those when I haven't had words to pray, or the strength to muster words to my creator our friends and family stood in the gap for me. 

In times like those when I couldn't stand,  and hold my arms up our friends and family came up beside me and did it for me. 

When I have grown weary in good doing our friends and family have walked along side me encouraging and nudging me along. 

I'm so thankful for friends and family who have kept the faith when I've lost it.  Who've hoped against hope, and prayed for miracles on my behalf. 

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude when I think about that period in my life.  Thankful that God looked into my future and knew I would need people to hold me up. 

So, to all of my friends and family who have continuously held up my arms I want to say Thank you.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Your faith, prayers and support have carried me.  I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. It's your spirt that makes me smile. When you may be feeling down and out. I seen someone special there. Someone that loves her husband, children ,family but most of all loves the lord. Keep your faith even when you feel everything is going against you and your desires. Our mighty God is always there.

    ReplyDelete