Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Updates

The ultimate goal is to blog frequently enough that "updates" every so often aren't the only thing you ever read about us.  I also have a goal to lose a bazillion pounds...so let's chalk those up as unattainable and move on shall we?

I have SO much to tell you!

1.  We FINALLY moved!!!!!  We began PLANNING for the move during the summer (2012) and spent our first night in our new home on Halloween (2012).  It seemed like getting here took a lifetime but I will also say that once we spent our first night here the unpacking went rather quickly.  Having 6 children made getting here SLOW but all those little hands helped out quite a bit when it came to unloading boxes and like I always say "there legs are younger than mine".  Hehe!  We love it here!  SO much more room, lots of yard, did I mention we have more room?  It's wonderful.  After being cramped in a townhouse (really nice...but still 1500 sq feet) with SO many children to having free roaming abilities is AHHHH-MAZING.  We are working on a few projects and making it our own and I am loving every single minute. 

2.  We downsized.  We had 6 kids and now we have 4.  Here is what I've learned through that downsize...
a.  I am called to be a foster parent
b.  I am NOT called to be a foster parent to 6 children
I stayed in a constant, and tormenting state of overwhelmed, guilty, sad, and frusterated.  Those looks do NOT look good on me AT all.  Those feelings transferred to the kids and I felt like we all were circling the drain.  Once we downsized it felt like the heavens opened back up!  A weight was lifted.  I knew that I could now be a better mother to our 4 children, and I also knew that I had done all I could possibly do for the other 2.  It was the hardest and best decision we have ever made.  Looking back I can say that going through that difficult time has made me so much more attentive,
patient, thankful, and happy with our current 4 children.  Are things perfect?  Naw.  Are things absolutely wonderful?  Yep. 

I feel like we have weathered a few rough storms recently but we've come out stronger on the other side, and at the end of the day that is such a comforting feeling. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates! I have been wondering about you! Looking forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will echo Nancy - thanks for the updates! I've been wondering how you guys are doing. Blessings to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete