Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Jack of All Trades

Let me share a little bit of information about myself. 

I become obsessed with things.  Then just as quickly as the obsession came it goes away and I drop it like it's hot. 

This is why I know how to do a lot of different things but I'm not good at any of them. 

I know how to play the piano...but at the end of the day I'm about as good at twinkle twinkle little star as a 6 year old in piano lessons. 

I know how to sing....but American Idol won't be recruiting me any time soon.

I used to be able to do ballet "stuff" and flip around in gymnastics....but then I got fat...so let's not go there.

I've taken cake decorating classes but all I'm really good at is putting sprinkles on icing.

I have a blog....but I don't post anything.

I commit myself to dressing better, fixing my hair and make up, and attempt not to "let myself go...further" and then I realize I've been in the same pair of yoga pants for 3 days with no desire to take them off.

I have enough craft supplies to create anything you could think of....but I would rather watch real housewives instead.

I usually start out with wonderful intentions.  THIS will be the "thing" that I become a professional at.  I will NEVER loose momentum with this "thing"!  This is it!  I've found it! 

Then... my mood changes and I move on to something else.

At times I have regret for all the things I've started and not finished.  I've often wondered what it'd be like to sit down at the piano and really be able to play something beautiful, or create baked goods pretty enough to sell, or have a top rated/read blog, or become the next Martha Stewart but at the end of the day the choices I've made are my own and I believe there is a reason(s) for everything. 

I know so many people who are encouraged to dig their heels in and work harder when things get difficult.  Me?  I'd rather take a nap please.

I'm not a quitter at EVERYTHING. 

I'm committed to my husband and our marriage.
I'm committed to being a mommy.
I'm committed to being a woman of God. 

I won't quit those things. 
No matter how hard it gets because it has been HARD at times
How bored I get...not gonna lie I've lost interest at time or 2 (or more)
How burnt out I feel...sometimes I feel like walking charcoal
Or, How bad I am at them...I have a lot of work to do in all the above mentioned areas...A LOT.

Will I regret not being able to decorate a cupcake when I'm 80?  Highly doubtful. 
Will I regret pouring my everything into my marriage, my children, and my walk with God?  Absolutely. 

There you have it.  My confession for the day. 
Jack of all trades, master of nothing.  As long as I have my husband, my children, and my God I'm happy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment