Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


(this isn't my cake..this is the Internets cake)
 
 
What do you do when you have a fresh sponge bob house (that's my children's word for pineapple...smh)  on hand and the afternoon alone? 

You make a pineapple upside down cake.  That's what you do.  It's only right.  You also can go to the tanning bed afterwards if you want to be like me. 

Most recipes I get from  Paula Deen or Pioneer Woman.  Then if need be I tweak them until they are exactly how I want them.  Both those ladies KNOW how to cook. 

This cake is different. 

It was dreamed up in my head while driving to the grocery store.  Pardon me if I don't use my turn signal, blow through yellow lights or drive recklessly.  I'm thinking about really good food I need to make!  I can justify anything ;)

This sucker is GOOD.  Like "did I really just make such an awesome cake all by my ownself?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" kinda good. 

So here you go!  A Rebecca Original. 

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

3 cups cake flour
1 package instant vanilla pudding
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

1 cup butter (softened)
2 1/4 cup sugar
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

2 1/4 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups brown sugar

1 whole pineapple (FRESH!!!!!!!!!) cut into slices.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating until fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and set aside.

In a small bowl, add the 3 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.

Divide the brown sugar evenly into each pan. Pour the melted butter equally over the brown sugar. Arrange the pineapple slices over the brown sugar.

Bake for 35-45 minutes.  I always do a toothpick test ;)

Allow the cake to cook and then pop that sucker out onto a pretty platter! 

Invite your best friend over (hi Melissa!!!) and eat until your embarrassed and have to unbutton your pants ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment